Here’s a little recap of my last week and a half:
- 7/27/13: I attended the I Love My Fro Presents Werk! event hosted by Harmony Knight, which was a really exciting hair event with makeup artists, hair stylists, manicurists, and a live makeup demo workshop with the famous Alexandra Butler!
- 7/28/13: At ILMFPW, I met a fab MUA, Bee of All Things Bee, who did a fabulous review of the event and briefly interviewed me for her site. Go check her out and say hi!
- 7/31/13: I tried out Essence Beauty Editor, Nicole Melton’s easy-peasy natural hair topknot. Quite a few other people have recreated the style, so it’s been verified to work on various lengths and textures.
- 8/2/13: In case you missed it, the August Klassy Kink of the Month, Michelle, shared her story of her recent big chop (into this super cute tapered cut), as well as some insight into the politics and history of black hair.
- 8/3/13: Another outfit post, this time for a night out on the town! I pinned my hair up like I did in the latest video on the YouTube channel so I wouldn’t have to worry about it poofing up while dancing the night away.
- 8/5/13: I let my hair down with a dry bantu knot out while enjoying some R&B at SummerStage in Central Park. Lyfe Jennings, Avant, Donnell Jones, Monifa, Tweet, and Raheem Devaughn all performed.
So what was the fan favorite?
To achieve this look, I did a puff on pretty old (as in hadn’t been washed in a while) hair that had been stretched over the course of the week. I used the Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk to add some much needed moisture to my hair, but that’s about it. I then added H&M floral shorts, a white Zara blazer, a blue-gray sheer H&M button down shirt, and the Michael Kors Selma Top-Zip to make me feel like a million bucks!
Want to help determine the Klassy Kinks fan favorite photo of the week? Follow Klassy Kinks on Instagram and Facebook and make sure you like the pictures that you’d like to hear more about!